Five Stages of Change in Alcohol Abuse Recovery
Deciding to enter into an alcohol abuse recovery program is understandably nerve-racking. After all, any major life decision, especially one that involves a New Jersey alcohol abuse center, will completely alter the way you go about your day-to-day life.
The decision to get sober comes many changes, and your choice to either accept or fight the alcohol abuse recovery process makes all the difference. Luckily, Treatment Alternatives New Jersey will help you realize how easy it is to embrace your recovery journey; simply check out this guide to the five stages of change in alcohol abuse recovery.
- Do you want to spend your life justifying your alcohol abuse by lying to friends, family, and most importantly, yourself? If the answer is no, then your New Jersey alcohol abuse program will help you become aware of how your addiction impacts your life and the lives of those around you. Deciding that you want to commit to alcohol abuse recovery will give you the fuel you need to change your behavior.
- This is when addicts start to realize that their actions do have consequences, and that they have the power to change the course of their lives at any given moment. Making the decision to get help at a New Jersey alcohol abuse treatment center needs to be your decision, not any one else’s. By identifying that you are making the change for yourself, you are able to commit to starting your alcohol abuse recovery.
- At this point, the addiction professionals at Treatment Alternatives New Jersey step in. After a custom alcohol abuse recovery plan is made, you will begin individual and group therapy, following a nutrition and fitness plan, and surrounding yourself with positive people who support your recovery.
- Once you get settled into your treatment routine at your New Jersey alcohol abuse program, you will gradually start to notice how it becomes easier to manage. This will also allow you to become aware of potential relapse triggers, and to better manage any uncomfortable emotions.
- At some point you will realize that you are no longer “that guy.” In fact, you might not even be able to remember what life was like before going to your New Jersey alcohol abuse center. Believe it or not, there will be a day when nothing will be worth losing your sobriety over. When that day comes, you will know that your alcohol abuse recovery journey is successful.